Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

help with ip adress

t3h sickness

help with ip adress Empty help with ip adress

Post by t3h sickness July 16th 2010, 12:06 am

guys i was trying 2 change my ip adress and i went on u tube and google i tried 2 change it 50 times everythig went perfect untill i was waiting 4 my ne ipadress the ipadress always turned out the same can any 1 help =@
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

help with ip adress Empty Re: help with ip adress

Post by Jamie July 16th 2010, 12:12 am

you cannot change the IP address properly, however resetting your internet will probably give you a new default gateway

I don't know much about it but I think that's the case.
    Robin
    Robin
    Help & Support
    Help & Support

Post by Robin July 16th 2010, 12:18 am

The question is, is your IP dynamic or static? If you have a dynamic IP you are considered lucky by me because it is simple to change your ip. But if your IP is static you will have a problem changing your IP.if your static you could ring up your ISP and come up with some farfetched reason why your IP needs changing (I wouldn't reccomend this)

If you dont know whether you are static or dynamic there is an easy way to find out. Just follow my first solution to changing your IP and if that doesn't work then you have a static IP.

Solution 1 (DYNAMIC):
    The first solution is very simple and will only work if you are dynamic.. Turn the modem/router off at the plug and then leave it off for 5 minutes. Before you turn the modem off open up a browser and go to this address "www.ipchicken.com". Once you have the browser open turn off your modem by the plug and leave off for the 5 minutes. Then after this turn it back on and open another browser (I say open another browser because sometimes when your IP changes it will still say the same IP in the other browser even if it did change) So once you have the other browser open go to this address "www.ipchicken" now compare it with the other browser and see if the IP has changed. If it didn't change then you are either static or you need to leave the modem off for a longer time. If you want to leave it off for a longer amount of time I suggest you turn the modem off by the plug before you go to sleep. Then in the morning turn it back on and see if your IP has changed. If it hasn't changed by now then you have a static IP and will have to get your ISP to change your IP or you will have to mask your IP. I will mention the programs you can mask your IP with later in this guide.

Solution 2 (DYNAMIC): If you are dynamic you could try the age old method of changing your IP with a batch file now me myself this has never worked.
    Before you attempt this method please make sure your connected to the internet via a cable and not wirelessly seeing as it has a better success rate then if you do it whilst connected wirelessly. Ok once you are connected to the internet via the cable your going to want to open up notepad and copy this text into it:

"Echo ipconfig/flushdns
    ipconfig/flushdns
    echo ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/release
    echo ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig/renew
    exit"

WITHOUT THE QUOTE MARKS LIKE SO:

Now save the file as ipchange.bat like this:

Now open the file you saved and a little dos window will come up if you look down in the toolbar your internet connect will go off but it will come back after about 5-10seconds. After you have done this check to see if your IP has changed, it most likely hasn't because this isn't a very good method at all to changing your IP.

-Robin
    t3h sickness

Post by t3h sickness July 16th 2010, 12:25 am

robin i didnt get 1 word u said can you make a vid or something lol
    Robin
    Robin
    Help & Support
    Help & Support

Post by Robin July 16th 2010, 12:50 am

t3h sickness wrote:robin i didnt get 1 word u said can you make a vid or something lol
    just read it, it isnt that hard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 2nd 2024, 11:23 am