Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Alex
el oh el
bloods
7 posters

OverNight?? Keep it online if possible?

bloods

OverNight?? Keep it online if possible? Empty OverNight?? Keep it online if possible?

Post by bloods July 19th 2010, 3:52 pm

I'd like to know if it would be possible to keep the server online for like 20/7+ or something cuz people that dont have same gmt time,cant play alot cuz when the server is online, they're sleeping.. It would be quite fun and sure would help people play more. Just a suggestion
    el oh el
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

OverNight?? Keep it online if possible? Empty Re: OverNight?? Keep it online if possible?

Post by el oh el July 19th 2010, 3:56 pm

bloods wrote:I'd like to know if it would be possible to keep the server online for like 20/7+ or something cuz people that dont have same gmt time,cant play alot cuz when the server is online, they're sleeping.. It would be quite fun and sure would help people play more. Just a suggestion

Okay, then are you going to be the one to pay John (the owner) for his electrical bill?

How about you donate $10 USD then we should be able to Buy a VPS. (VPS= A hosting service that costs money.)
    bloods

OverNight?? Keep it online if possible? Empty Re: OverNight?? Keep it online if possible?

Post by bloods July 19th 2010, 4:53 pm

why do you need to be sarcastic. It was a suggestion. I was asking. Now i know, thanks for being a prick, always appreciated when you ask for something, u actually dont know and always get an asshole replying that knows everything
    Alex
    Alex
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Alex July 19th 2010, 5:02 pm

El, you already got warnings for asking people to donate...and don't be sarcastic to players wanting an honest answer....
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 19th 2010, 5:17 pm

In all seriousness; The server goes off when it does because it costs too much for John to leave it on all the time (more so than it would to get a VPS I guess) and it also means that John cannot use his computer for much else.

We are aware that there are quite a few people who cannot play / can only play for a few hours a day hence us collecting donations towards a VPS which I'm sure we will get as soon as we can.

John
    John
    Owner
    Owner

Post by John July 19th 2010, 6:00 pm

Aa good as that would be. Im not in control of when my internet goes on and off, as the router is elsewhere and gets turned off at about 11pm on weekdays and 00:00 on weekends, or the server gets turned off when Im about to sleep, because computers can make annoying humminh noises while I try to sleep Smile
    jostinf

Post by jostinf July 19th 2010, 7:15 pm

okay, thanks
    jostinf

Post by jostinf July 19th 2010, 7:15 pm

glad he asked so i know also ;O
    bloods

Post by bloods July 19th 2010, 7:17 pm

Oh.. ok. well thanks for answering properly =)
    crash
    crash

Post by crash July 19th 2010, 7:54 pm

jostinf,please try and not double post just edit your first one,thanks Very Happy
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 19th 2010, 10:26 pm

Gratz for having positive rep again crash Razz

also thanks for saying about double posting, nice to see someone's doing the forum mod job Smile

Urm I think this can be locked now, question has been answered

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 2nd 2024, 8:35 am