Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Jamie
t3h sickness
Ashley
7 posters

[PowerScape] Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide

Ashley
    Ashley

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Empty [PowerScape] Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide

Post by Ashley July 5th 2010, 2:14 am

Welcome to the Mega [PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer10 Slayer [PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer10 Guide. This guide is intended for high leveled players who wish to train slayer quickly and efficiently. In this guide I will discuss what I believe are efficient strategies to train slayer, especially at high level slayer.

I have 102 combat and 99 slayer with over 15 million xp. I achieved 99 slayer on June 5, 20010. I continued with slayer in the next days because I tought that slayer was a good way for me to level up some of my combat skills (attack, strength, defence, hitpoints, ranged, magic).

Though this guide goes into detail on exactly how to train, mostly for high level slayers, it lacks a lot of general information, especially about the lower level slayer monsters. If you are looking for that kind of information, you may wish to look in another slayer guide.

OTHER TRAINING VS. SLAYER

Why should you train combat with slayer when other methods give faster xp or more money?

Getting 99 slayer may get all your other combat stats (excluding prayer)- strength, defence, hitpoints, range to 99 as well. If you use another method for too much combat xp, and you ever decide to train slayer, you may not be able to achieve 99 slayer without going beyond 70 in your other combat stats. By training slayer after maxing combat with another method you are effectively maxing your combat all over again, but the effort is wasted because you already did it. If you greatly value xp past 99 in skills, you might not care, but getting xp past 99 skills, in my opinion, is not very practical while you still have skills that are not 99.

Let's take a look at some good non-slayer methods for combat xp.

A fast way to train melee stats is to wear prayer and/or strength boosting armor and a skill cape and kill the dark beast that is at home, and/or Godwars killing the bosses. You can use Protect from Melee and Piety, and recharge prayer at the altar above. This maxes at over 500k melee xp per hour with maxed melee stats. You also make a profit and get dragon bones that give alot of exp in prayer.

Another way to train melee stats, this one more profit-oriented, is to camp at Spiritual Mages (no slayer required.) They are okay melee xp and make about 450k exp per hour.

REQUIREMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

If you have under 86 combat, you will not be able to use the strategies detailed in this guide to their full potential. This guide is designed for slayers who can use Duradel. If you are getting tasks from Sumona or Chaeldar, you can skim over this guide and use the information that applies to you; use Duradel, use him. In my opinion, he gives really good tasks.

Here are the suggested prerequisites you obtain before you use this guide:

A. Stats

50 attack, strength, defence, and range (for equipment)
    92 magic (for blood barrage because it heals you 20% of your hit)
    High prayer (43 is the minimum; 70 is good; 99 is awesome!)

Items

All prices I give are subject to change!

1. Strongly recommended equipment

Full Guthans (5,823,185) - Easy way to heal on many tasks (if the healing works i don't know because i don't have guthans, but it probably does). Becomes obsolete if you are able to restore enough hitpoints using other methods such as the SGS, food.

Veracs skirt (2,100,000) - High defence and prayer bonus; better than Guthans skirt. May become obsolete if you decide to use Bandos instead.

Slayer helmet (under 10k) - 15% attack and strength while on a task. This will later be replaced by a Slayer Helmet.

Amulet of fury (175k) - Best amulet in the game for melee, except versus undead.

Abyssal whip (3,400,000) - In most cases, best weapon in terms of damage rate.

Drag dagger p (30,348) - Has nice special that causes a lot of damage. Dragon mace is not better. Becomes obsolete on some tasks if you have a Saradomin Godsword.

Dragon boots (386,46)- Best boots in the game for melee, 4 strength.

"Barrows" gloves (20m) - Best gloves in the game.

Karils top and bottom (4,525,300) - High magic defence; useful for meleeing monsters with magic attacks (such as Waterfiends). Becomes obsolete in some cases if you don't need the extra defence over Proselyte.

Full void (any helmet you want, depends on what combat style you are using) (Price unknown) - Second highest range attack bonus in the game. Becomes obsolete if you have Armadyl.

Armadyl top and bottom (104,400,000) Are the best range armour in the game. They give alot of range and magic bonuses.

Saradomin Godsword (62,500,000) Is used for healing.

Armadyl Godsword (91,600,000 (best offer people buy from is around 120m)) Is the best Godsword and can hit over 70s with prayer and pots.

Bandos chestplate and tassets (122,900,000)- Bandos has only slightly lower stab and slash defence than the best defence barrows can offer (with Guthans body and Veracs skirt, or with Torags), and about the same crush and ranged defence, but also gives strength and prayer bonuses (chestplate 4 strength and 1 prayer; tassets 2 strength and 1 prayer). It's your opinion if you want to use Bandos, and where you use it.

EQUIPMENT- MELEE

Here is my recommended equipment for meleeing, with all the different items you'll use, at different times, for each equipment slot.

Slayer helmet /Helm of neitiznot
    Amulet of fury / Amulet of glory
    Fire cape / Skill cape
    Abyssal whip / Guthans spear / Dragon dagger(p ) / Saradomin godsword / Darklight
    Rune defender / Dragonfire shield / Guthans spear / Saradomin godsword /
    Guthans body / Karils top / Fighter Torso / Bandos chestplate / Dragon chainbody
    Veracs skirt / Guthans skirt / Karils skirt / Proselyte cuisse / Zamorak robe bottom / Bandos tassets / Dragon platelegs
    Gloves (barrows)
    Dragon boots / infinity boots

Pictures of the best armours to use :
    [PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer11

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer12

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer13

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer14

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer15

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer16

In general, the equipment listed first for each slot is considered "typical" or "normal," an expression I'll use in the Task List. However, the top and bottom are changed quite frequently so usually you'll just be choosing them based on logically what would help the most. You may be wearing Bandos, or Dragon, most frequently.

In general, melee is faster than range. The fast, high hits of the Abyssal Whip, Darklight or Armadyl GodSword will usually result in you killing monsters about twice as fast as the Dark bow or Magic shortbow with runea arrows will. However, range is actually faster for some tasks. One reason for this is that when you are ranging, you are not being hit and are not considered "in combat."

However, speed will not always determine whether you choose to range or melee. By the time you get 99 slayer, it is important to have 99 in every combat stat (except possibly magic and prayer, since you won't be getting much xp in those). You don't want to end with 15M xp in melee stats but only 97 range.You may want to adjust these strategies slightly for your xp needs.

If you need more melee xp, meleeing with a darklight is the best option. Meleeing Fire Giants actually can be slightly faster than ranging Fire Giants.

Best monsters to use are dragons, giants and ghosts. Guards and hero's are bad exp and they aren't in the cave. While dragons and giants give the best exp. So why then ghosts you may be asking? Well it's because they have 100 hp so it's easy to kill them and they give around 20k exp a kill. While you take dragons always slay Mithril dragons. They give 51k exp a kill and for giants slay Fire Giants that give you 24k exp in Slayer.

To begging Slayer you will have to go ti stats and chose the Slayer skill.

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer19

When you are done with that you should go talk to Druadel, and chose the potion Slayer task. He will then give you a task. You should use the tasks that give more than 5 monsters.

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer17

When fighting a monster you should always use protect from melee to avoid high hits and dieing really fast. If you die you shouldn't be scared because you will not lose your items. Here is a good inventory that you should have.

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer18

If you cannot get these items you should talk to an admin and ask if you can buy it off them. Always take around 500 so you won't have to annoy the hell out of them evry 15 minutes.

And here is a picture of me getting 99 Slayer. :]

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Slayer10

Other Guides by me :
    Hunter guide here

~Ashley

Last edited by Ashley on July 8th 2010, 2:35 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added prices)
    t3h sickness

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Empty Re: [PowerScape] Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide

Post by t3h sickness July 5th 2010, 2:19 am

2day u said u had 73 slay....a d cool guide
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

[PowerScape]  Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide Empty Re: [PowerScape] Ashley's Mega Slayer Guide

Post by Jamie July 5th 2010, 2:20 am

Urm, wow.

Very urm, in-depth Wink
    el oh el
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by el oh el July 7th 2010, 8:33 pm

GOOD JOB ASHLEY! VERRRRRY DETAILED! Wink
    Robin
    Robin
    Help & Support
    Help & Support

Post by Robin July 7th 2010, 8:37 pm

Uhm the prices are wrong
    They might be the street prices but the official prices are different you might wanna look at the following page:
    http://www.powerscapeonline.com/Price-List-h3.htm
    Ashley
    Ashley

Post by Ashley July 8th 2010, 2:36 pm

Robin wrote:Uhm the prices are wrong
    They might be the street prices but the official prices are different you might wanna look at the following page:
    http://www.powerscapeonline.com/Price-List-h3.htm
    Okay done all the real peices are in just not for void.

~Ashley
    Max
    Max

Post by Max November 19th 2010, 5:45 pm

wow... and i thought i was good at slayer....
    (on other servers, never knew this much)
    great job.
    MyBlobby123
    MyBlobby123
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by MyBlobby123 November 20th 2010, 1:59 am

grave dig much!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 2nd 2024, 9:17 am