Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Powerscape Forums.

Please register using the link below to begin playing immediately!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Robin
t3h sickness
MyBlobby123
Jamie
8 posters

Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant

Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant Empty Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 3:49 pm

I thought I should post my application, because people were asking if I was going to apply, so here's my application.

Name:
    Jamie

Date joined:
    May 2009

Posistion you are applying/reapplying for:
    Player Manager, Content team, Economy Assistant

Your age: 17

About Yourself:
    I don't want to answer this like everyone else "hi I'm ---, I'm --- years old..." It seems kinda offtopic and its above anyway, however;
    I'm Jamie, Born and Raised in England, still there today, therefore English is my primary language, I know very little french, german, dutch and norweigen however I know so little of it I cannot use it for anything of any use.
    Anyway less about my life;
    I've been playing Private servers since early last year, which lead me to powerscape; which I found was the portal to so many things on the internet, it gave me the inspiration to go out and find things out. (just so you know I'm not using word count and I have no idea how many words I'm using however I am getting a little carried away with this I feel?) I'm quite good with computers which lead me to be more interested in things like javascript, web design and things like that with the support of people I met from powerscape and other Private Servers.

Why you want to have this position:
    I want to help the community to a higher level than I do already and I believe that this might be the ticket to being able to do that.

How you would help in this position:
    Player manager; Would make sure that all the members of the community feel like they belong at all points and try to settle any arguments amongst players. I would also make sure that staff motivation is up and that all members of staff are doing their jobs properly, and even help solve communications errors between members of staff that might not be getting on to well with other staff, however priority would have to be over non-staff users and making sure that they know what they are doing etc.
    Content team; Would report any glitches to a higher ranked content manager and make sure that the correct lines are followed if someone has a bug / idea's which they'd like to report are passed to the appropriate people, while at the same time trying to advise them on what to do to become heard.
    Economy assistant; would make sure that staff cannot give other users items that they should have to earn and make sure that xp rates are good for all skills, and that drops are appropirate for the npc that drops them.

Things you would change about the server/forums/staff:
    1. Server; Active user discussions about future updates and such like, as more and more people are becoming active we are going to be getting more and more opinions on what updates should be done and what customs should be added. So people's opinions should be heard and updates should be based around the communities needs and wants so we can stay in the "market".

2. Server; remove dragon plate from being mith plate; users are buying it mistakenly at level 30 defence and wearing it because it's only got requirements of level 30 still. Also its 4k gp in the shop because its mith plate price.

3. Server; the server's encomy isn't the best, and the levels of staff a screwing up the high scores, I mean robin and tom and over 5mill overall level..? (p.s. i think something might have happened to powerscape.servegame.com because it takes me to a random page when I click players online or highscores) But staff shouldn't be able to spawn prings or be able to give players items that they should have to earn for themselves. (make sure staff if can spawn keep it on a downlow and only
    spawn items that have been integrated into the server and users can get for themselves)

4. Building on the above; intergrate more different drops into the server, I've been asked many times how people can get white armour and spirit sheilds and also Crystal bows.

Experience:
    Mod / Admin / Co-owner on powerscape Wink
    Mod / admin on sk***i**cape / ra**ra (closed down and hidden for advertisement purposes)
    co-owner on another server for a while because i registered on the forums but cant remember it for the life of me (lol i shouldn't count that as experience really)
    And mod on a couple of Pk servers for a while before they crashed and closed.

Reccomendations list:
    Kyle wrote:I recommend you of course man
    Robin wrote:And ofcourse i recommend you Smile

That's all I can think of at the moment will add more if I think of it Razz
    Thanks for reading, took me a most the day to write this (while at school, avoiding teachers changing windows etc)

~ Jamie
    No Hate; what's the point in hating, this isn't the place and it will be removed!

Last edited by Jamie on July 1st 2010, 5:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Kyle to recommendations)
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant Empty Re: Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 4:07 pm

Robin wrote:
    most epic app EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its just great
    ^ Pantha deleted the post ^

Im going to quote this quick before you change it Razz

Thanks robin Smile

Last edited by Jamie on July 1st 2010, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MyBlobby123
    MyBlobby123
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant Empty Re: Jamie Application for Player Manager, Content Team and Economy Assistant

Post by MyBlobby123 July 1st 2010, 4:43 pm

I recommend you of course man... as long as you do the same for me! Twisted Evil
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 4:46 pm

Kyle wrote:I recommend you of course man... as long as you do the same for me! Twisted Evil

Thanks, might have to wait and see your app first Razz
    and we'll see Twisted Evil
    t3h sickness

Post by t3h sickness July 1st 2010, 5:00 pm

dude tht was a great app good luck =]
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 5:01 pm

t3h sickness wrote:dude tht was a great app good luck =]

Thanks Smile

Glad you liked it Razz
    Robin
    Robin
    Help & Support
    Help & Support

Post by Robin July 1st 2010, 5:55 pm

And ofcourse i recommend you Smile
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 5:59 pm

Thanks robin Smile
    versochi
    versochi

Post by versochi July 1st 2010, 6:20 pm

typical staff who wants to remain in staff and popular when caught abusing comment : ofc i recommend you Smile (without actual thought)

I had to say it, i say it when i see it Razz

Imo you can do good as a economy assistant next to myself Razz.
    and also a forum mod, noted that only 3 or so should have full control on a website, i would recommend you as 1 of them Razz

does player manager exist? it sounds like staff mod to me :S
    John
    John
    Owner
    Owner

Post by John July 1st 2010, 11:53 pm

No, player manager is a new position i will update you on that. I personnally assigned it to Jamie, as I feel he is best suited to it.

And I feel that these applications are great, with good detail.
    So personally I think you would be good at all the things you applied for. Wait for a few more replies.
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 1st 2010, 11:56 pm

=D thanks John

I don't think this will get many more posts on it because of the lack in interest in it so far Razz
    versochi
    versochi

Post by versochi July 2nd 2010, 1:02 am

so john can you post on http://powerscapeonline.elementfx.com

Admin > SImple portal > blocks > block list > add new block > custom html > after trading offer x on the new staff list. ill add the block and you can just write in it.
    John
    John
    Owner
    Owner

Post by John July 2nd 2010, 1:20 am

sorry about that, just testing.
    versochi
    versochi

Post by versochi July 2nd 2010, 1:55 am

why does it cost more to pay daily than weekly, so on so fourth
    Jamie
    Jamie
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by Jamie July 3rd 2010, 12:17 am

John wrote:Wait for a few more replies.

Enough replies? Razz

Also where'd all this off-topic come from? xD
    el oh el
    Forum Geek
    Forum Geek

Post by el oh el July 3rd 2010, 12:33 am

John wrote:

sorry about that, just testing.

Came from this jamie.
    Alex
    Alex
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Alex July 3rd 2010, 12:42 am

Really nice application Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 4th 2024, 9:16 am